Saturday, 15 January 2011
This is what £500 worth of railway books looks like...
I picked up this car-load of second hand railway books from Nene Valley Railway Books today. Incredibly, I got this lot for £50 thanks to a 90% off sale! Amazing!
There are a handful that I may sell on, but there are some real gems in there, including some quite rare old OPC books.
Here's the complete list (I haven't got round to adding then to my books page yet):
- Adley, Robert - 'The Call of Steam'
- Adley, Robert - 'In Search of Steam, 1962-1968'
- Allen, Dr. Ian - 'Gleneagles to Glastonbury, steam in the thirties'
- Atthill, Robin - 'The Picture History of The Somerset & Dorset Railway'
- Awdry, Christopher - 'Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies'
- Blenkinsop, Richard James - 'Silhouettes of the Great Western'
- Blenkinsop, Richard James - 'Shadows of the Great Western'
- Blenkinsop, Richard James - 'Big Four Cameraman'
- Bradley, Rodger, P. - 'GWR Two Cylinder 4-6-0's and 2-6-0's'
- Casserley, Henry Cyril - 'Steam Locomotives of British Railways'
- Christiansen, Rex - 'Cambrian Lines'
- Dalton, T. P. - 'Cambrian Companionship'
- Dart, Maurice - 'The Last Days of Steam in Plymouth and Cornwall'
- Esau, Mike (compiler) - 'John Ashman FRPS Rail Portfolio'
- Esau, Mike (editor) - 'The Nostalgia of Steam - Classic Steam Images by John Specner Gilks'
- Forsythe, H.G. - 'The Railway Vanishes - An Appreciation of a Lost Era'
- Gammell, Christopher J. - 'Around the Branch Lines, No. 2, Great Western'
- Gasson, Harold - 'Firing Days, Reminiscences of a Great Western Fireman'
- Gasson, Harold - 'Footplate Days, More Reminiscences of a Great Western Fireman'
- Herbert, Ron - 'The Working Railway - A Railwayman's Photographs 1960-67'
- Kneale, E.N. - 'North Wales Steam (1927-1968)'
- Lingard, Richard - 'The Woodstock Branch'
- Montgomery, S.J. and Nicholas, D. (compilers) - '100 Years of The Great Western'
- Morrison, G.W. and Whiteley, J.S. - 'The Big Four Remembered'
- Nixon, Les - 'Classic Steam - An evocation of the twighlight years of the steam Age'
- Nock, O.S. - 'The GWR Mixed Traffic 4-6-0 Classes'
- Nock, O.S. - 'Great Locomotives of the GWR'
- Nock, O.S. - 'The British Steam Railway Locomotive 1925-1965'
- Nock, O.S. - 'From the Footplate, Reminiscences of the last years of Steam'
- Nock, O.S. - 'British Locomotives of the 20th Century, Volume 2 1930-1960'
- Nock, O.S. - 'British Locomotives of the 20th Century, Volume 3 1960-the present Day'
- Nock, O.S. - 'British Locomotives of the 20th Century, Volume 1 1900-1930'
- Parkhouse, Neil & Pope, Ian - 'Edwardian Dean in Colour, Volume 1'
- Paye, Peter - 'The Stoke Ferry Branch'
- Paye, Peter - 'The Saffron Walden Branch'
- Paye, Peter - 'The Bishop's Stortford, Dunmow & Braintree Branch'
- Peters, Ivo - 'The Somerset & Dorset in the Fifties, Volume 1, 1950 -1954'
- Peters, Ivo - 'The Somerset & Dorset in the Fifties, Volume 2, 1955 -1959'
- Pollins, Harold - 'Britain's Railways - An Industrial History'
- Semmens, Peter W.B. - 'History of the Great Western Railway. volume 1 Consolidation 1923-1929'
- Semmens, Peter W.B. - 'History of the Great Western Railway. volume 3 Wartime and the Final Years 1939 -1948'
- Semmens, Peter W.B. - 'History of the Great Western Railway. volume 2 The Thirties 1930 -1939'
- Siviter, Roger - 'Rhythms of Steam - Images of the Steam Age Railway'
- Smart, John (editor) - 'Branch Line Memories'
- Vaughan, Adrian - 'BR (WR) Signalling'
- Vaughan, Adrian - 'Great Western Portrait 1913-1921'
- Whitehurst, Brian - 'Great Western Engines, Names, Numbers, Types and Classes, (1940 to Preservation)'
- Various - 'The Train Now Departing - Personal Memories of the Last Days of Steam'
I just need to find somewhere to put them all now (and find time to read them!).