Wednesday 6 May 2009

Getting it ALL right??

I came across this in the FAQ on Jim McGeown's Connoisseur Models website last night:

Q: How do I achieve the crisp, square and beautiful solder joints with just a mere hint of solder showing that I see on the models built by the experts on the demonstration stands at shows?
Quick Answer: The experts don't achieve much better joints than you, they have just got good at cleaning up afterwards.

It struck me that this is true for all aspects of modelling, not just soldering. Yes, maybe there are modellers out there who manage to achieve a perfect finish first time on every aspect of their work, even the bits no-one ever gets to see, but I'll content myself with bodging my way through and just making sure that the visible bits are tidied up to a decent standard!

No comments:

Post a Comment