Friday 2 January 2009

Quick sketch of layout

Just a quick sketch I did the other day to try to get a feel for what I have in mind. Certain areas are more definite in my mind's eye than others - the buildings themselves, apart from their general position and orientation, are less clear in my mind at the moment. The bridge (on the right) is not shown in this view, but that's one of the clearest features in my mind!

I've also not quite got the overall proportions quite right here - its wider than this in relation to the depth.

But nevertheless, it at least gives a rough idea of where I'm going.

I think I'll try to have the backscene curving round the corners rather than having sharp corners visible in the sky, although the left one could be tricky with the buildings. That chimney could help. I'll also need to do some clever stuff with the roofs to avoid the appearance of them just being chopped off where they meet the sky! Maybe there needs to be a taller building at the back - that way from normal viewing levels (by that I mean just above baseboard level) the roofs should be less of an issue?

2 comments:


  1. Matt,

    I don't think you'll need to worry about the sidings appearing short! The sketch shows a very nicely proportioned scene; it'll be good to see it progress!

    James

    ReplyDelete