After 2 1/2 years of planning, blogging, baseboard building, house moves, and general procrastination, track laying finally began today!
This is the small, 4'x2' industrial layout I posted the plans for a couple of weeks ago. The photo shows the single baseboard (one of the ones I built some months ago, originally intended for the larger branch terminus layout which is now on hold) with Templot track templates stuck down onto the cork tile-covered surface.
I've stuck down the sleepers and turnout timbers on the front sidings. I've decided to stick with C&L plastic sleepers for this project.
Now, I really ought to think of a name for this layout...