Thursday 4 October 2007

New book purchase

Oh dear, I've really gone and done it now... I've bought 'GWR Switch and Crossing Practice' published by the GWR Study Group.

Any ideas I had about not worrying too much about the finer details and concentating on the overall look and feel of my model have gone right out the window - along with, I have to confess, any street cred I might have had left!!! Hands up, this is a truly dull book in any 'normal' person's view, but I'm afraid to say I'm finding it quite fascinating! Sad, I know!

Anyway, for anyone equally sad who isn't already aware of its existence, you can find out more about the book here. I managed to order mine online via Biblio.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt,

    I would be happy to be as sad as you. I am trying to develop a small shelf layout based on the practices of the Intercolonial Railway (ICR) circa 1923. Along with the Canadian Pacific and Grand Trunk systems the ICR was one of the most important railways of Canadian history until it disappeared during the formation of the Canadian National Railway in the early '20s. Despite its' influence I can not find anything useful in the way of records relating to track standards used by the ICR. That is truly sad.

    Brian
    Alberta, Canada

    P.S. I've been reading your biog for awhile and enjoy it immensely. Thanks

    ReplyDelete