Saturday 30 June 2007

Fleshing it out


Here's the layout plan with a bit more detail and colour. Although most of the detail is still pretty speculative, I'm gradually starting to build up a picture of how I want the layout to look, what should go where, etc.

A couple of weekends ago I did a bit of work on the baseboards, fitting C&L alignment dowels and bolts to join the two baseboards and make provision for the fiddle yard at one end. Those alignment dowels are a real pain to get right... no matter how carefully I lined everything up and marked it out, it still took me 3 or 4 attempts to get the dowels screwed in so they were perfectly aligned and so that the baseboards actually fitted together!

Next job is to get the remaining bits of woodwork done - backdrop and fascia - so I can move on to actually building the layout at last....

No comments:

Post a Comment